my bland and mostly dull life with knitting thrown in for interest

Monday, September 05, 2005

so many patterns - so little time!

oh - I've been knitting the Accidentally on Purpose vest from the Stitch n' Bitch Nation book. I'm working it in Paton's Grace in Ruby (which really is a dark pink, not red). It's pretty simple - 78 sts x 20 in in stockinette stitch - then you drop sts in the bo and it created "runs" or "ladders" down the entire length. I've got the front finished and am 1/2 way through with the back. It'll be great to wear over long or short sleeve t shirts.

I've just ordered some patterns from Suss Designs that are pretty cool. One is a circle shrug and the other is a wrap cardigan in a short length like a bolero. Both are very cute. Just going to wait for the patterns to decipher what yarn I will use for them.

Additionally, I was on the desperate search for a man's sweater I remembered seeing - and finally remembered where I saw it. This the "Laddered Sweater" from 'simple knits with a twist'. My hubby told me that he would have been into this maybe 10 years ago - but not so much now. He's such a wimp! I absolutely love it and may incorporate these "runs" into a womans sweater for me at some point. I'm just going to make a roll neck sweater with a cable up the center for my man. He's so much more conservative than when I met him - but I'll keep him off the straight and narrow as much as I can!

I'm also just about ready to work the "Recycled Bag Carryall" also from 'simple knits with a twist'. My dear knitting friends and mother-in-law have been generous enough to help me collect plastic shopping bags of all colors to go into this really great tote. I can't wait to get it going. I'm going to start the strip cutting this week while my 2 babes enter their first week back at school.

I've still got lots of socks to work on - but I'm getting into so many other things I just can't seem to get into those just yet. I'm still working on the Paton's Cabled Hoodie - I've side tracked the Drop Stitch Shrug (I don't like it!). I've got felted slippers still to make for my hubby too for the chilly weather soon to approach!

SO MANY PATTERNS - SO LITTLE TIME!!!!

enjoy - and why not create something yourself this month?

No comments: