my bland and mostly dull life with knitting thrown in for interest

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Minimalist Away!!!!!!


I'm slowly, but surely chugging away at my Minimalist Cardigan. (I've done more than pictured - but nothing photographed yet) I thought I was going to HATE moss stitch, but it's really not so bad. My mind has completely wrapped itself around the k1,p1 repeat and, as suggested by a fellow knitting friend, my mind might have a difficult time NOT doing it when I'm done! I really think this cardigan is going to be a beautiful addition to my wardrobe when it's done. I can't wait!

In the meantime - I've gotten a crush on another pattern. This time it's a crocheted blanket. You all know I'm not really a crocheter. I've tried my hand at it and it hurts! But beauty sometimes requires pain to achieve it! Have you seen the Babette Blanket by Kathy Merrick? Ohh - it's just gorgeous and I MUST MAKE ONE! I'd been keeping an eye out for the Interweave Crochet Spring 2006 issue it was published in - but it's nowhere to be found. Fortunatley - just this week - it was put up on Knitting Daily's website for purchase as a PDF! I just happened to email them the very day they put it up! If that's not fate, I don't know what it is! AHHHEHAHH! I went ahead today and purchased 22 balls of Elann Sonata in 17 colors and a nice Addi crochet hook and I'm going crochet! I'll post my progress - although this one is going to take some serious time. There are 50/2 squares, 49/4 squares, 16/6 squares, 7/8 squares, 2/10 squares and 2/12 squares! Thats 126 squares to be crocheted! It seems intimidating - but done in pieces it's totally doable. I'm excited - can't you tell?

Happy Knitting (& crocheting!)
ssk,k2tog ;)

No comments: