my bland and mostly dull life with knitting thrown in for interest

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

2008 is off & running!

Am I the only one who thinks that 2008 came up awfully sudden? Man, I barely had time to enjoy myself on holiday in CT! I'd say as soon as Christmas day came, it was all over. Despite the fact that the fam and I didn't return to MA until yesterday - our visit in CT is a blur already.

I did get some very good knitting done, however. One bummer was that I ran out of yarn about 12 rows short on my Gretel hat. Yeah - I'll admit it...I knew I was short on yardage before I even started - but - I thought maybe I could squeak it out. I should'a known! Anyway - I tried finding the yarn in CT - but no one carried the color I had. Thankfully, my LYS in MA agreed to hold one ball for me so I can finish up once I got back.



I charged forward with Fanning the Flames Mittens - am I in love or what?! I have to admit it took me 3-4 tries to get the 1st one going - I kept ripping out the 1st 2 fan - but once I got it took off. I love these mittens and am so close to being finished with BOTH that I could scream. I thought "Second Mitten Syndrome", aka SMS, might come into play. You know, where you finish the 1st one then the second seems like too much so you put it off for a while and move on to newer things - next thing you know you only have 1 mitten and still 2 hands! Not this time - the second is almost done! Yes! I'll only show you the measly beginnings...


Next Monday is the start of the Minimalist Cardigan knit a long I've committed to. I'm a little nervous about it. I've read maybe too much of what others who have already knit it have said and I just hope I don't run into problems. Plus - it's primarily SEED STITCH! Another knitter will understand that is basically insanity in knitting. K1,P1 across the row then alternate on the next. We'll see how it goes!

I'm rearing to go with 2008 knitting. Oh the projects I have in store! I'm going to be majorly stylin' this year!

3 comments:

cath said...

I made an entire baby blanket out of seed stitch once--I was happy to see that done. See you soon.

JenniferB said...

I love that Gretel hat. I've seen that all over Ravelry--gotta make that one for sure. I'm glad you could get more yarn for it.

Elizabeth said...

I just cast on the Minimalist Cardigan last night and would love to join an online KAL if you could send me the link. I'm feeling a little daunted by the row upon row upon row of moss stitch as well but the picture looks so good that I have to give it a shot.