my bland and mostly dull life with knitting thrown in for interest

Saturday, July 16, 2005

the next generation

Oh the joy a mother feels when her children want to learn to knit!

I taught my 6 yr old daughter, Brynn, how to knit today. She's working back and forth on 15 stitches and now considers herself "a knitter". To appease my 4 yr old son, Reid, I also set him up on needles and he claims to be knitting his grandmother a sweater.

I want both my children to enjoy and appreciate the peacefulness that hand knitting can provide. I hope the interest continues and grows.

keep those needles clickin'

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so cool. Don't think that will happen with my boys. I can only hope they enjoy what I knit for them! Maybe in the distsnt future the grandchildren will want to learn.
Lisa