my bland and mostly dull life with knitting thrown in for interest

Monday, October 15, 2007

take the plunge


so - I'd been working diligently at my Seda Vest and even got to cutting the steeks...but then I noticed that there was some unraveling occurring at the top edge where I obviously didn't crochet correctly to anchor the bound off stitches. I balled it up and shoved it into a bag and refused to deal with it. Until now...

I'm going to take the plunge and stitch down those unraveling ends and finish the damn vest already. I was so freaked by the unraveling I haven't knit in 2 weeks people! This was trauma. I researched steeking and took step by step actions to prevent just this from happening and when it did anyway I think I took it too personally.

"to err is human, to forgive devine" Alexander Pope

enough said

3 comments:

Beth G. said...

I bow to your nerve to steek! It for me is the black hole of knitting. I know I will try it someday but the thought makes me break out in a cold sweat!
beth

Mary said...

Welcome back!

Jen B said...

Please keep blogging! It keeps me in touch with you and what you have going on! Miss you tons and love seeing and hearing about your latest creations!!
Love you! :)